Remystahl GmbH & Co. KG is a medium-sized company in the steel industry.
Our business is our passion. And that for over 150 years already. Remy started out as a steelwork. Today we deal in steel.
Over 150 years of experience. We know exactly what we are talking about when we talk about steel. And that is as it should be, because steel has long since stopped being a standard product these days. Its quality, processing and availability need to meet highly specific needs and requirements.
Good when you can rely on the comprehensive competence of a specialist. Because that is what REMYSTAHL is. We stand for this amongst our customers.
Remy + steel: This simply belongs together.
165 YEARS REMYSTAHL.
- 1856: Heinrich Remy establishes the Remy steel mill in Hagen. Germany is on the threshold of high industrialization. The steelwork comes at exactly the right time.
- 1920s: Remy GmbH merges with the Hagener Gußstahlwerke cast steel company. Hagener Gußstahlwerke Remy GmbH is established.
- 1950s: The years of the economic miracle lead to a demand boom for special steels. At the same time, the progress in material engineering enables much broader product ranges and assortments for stainless steel. Remystahl becomes a hallmark for quality and resilience.
- In the following decades, its own hammer and roll mill make Gußstahlwerke Remy GmbH the only private company in Germany able to deliver stainless steel from the ingot production through to forged or milled steel rods.
- 1990s: Customer requirements are changing. Material suppliers need to be able to offer short response times, competent advice and guaranteed quality. Remystahl recognizes this market development and reorients itself as a company.
- Since 1998, Remystahl GmbH & Co.KG trades under its name of today. The company moves to its present location in the same year.