IN TIME-LAPSE:
160 YEARS REMYSTAHL.

  • 1856: Heinrich Remy establishes the Remy steel mill in Hagen. Germany is on the threshold of high industrialization. The steelwork comes at exactly the right time.
  • 1920s: Remy GmbH merges with the Hagener Gußstahlwerke cast steel company. Hagener Gußstahlwerke Remy GmbH is established.
  • 1950s: The years of the economic miracle lead to a demand boom for special steels. At the same time, the progress in material engineering enables much broader product ranges and assortments for stainless steel. Remystahl becomes a hallmark for quality and resilience.
  • In the following decades, its own hammer and roll mill make Gußstahlwerke Remy GmbH the only private company in Germany able to deliver stainless steel from the ingot production through to forged or milled steel rods.
  • 1990s: Customer requirements are changing. Material suppliers need to be able to offer short response times, competent advice and guaranteed quality. Remystahl recognizes this market development and reorients itself as a company.
  • Since 1998, Remystahl GmbH & Co.KG trades under its name of today. The company moves to its present location in the same year.